- Report: #1098652
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation
Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation700 River Dr, Fort Bragg, California USA
Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation Re: Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation -- Demand for Information Fort Bragg California
*Author of original report: IRS Form 1023 Agreement
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
November 12, 2013
Re: Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation -- Demand for Information
Dear Ripoff Report Reader,
Concerned citizens have been requesting information from Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation director Jeri Erickson for too long. Now we're demanding it.
As a public foundation, MCHF is supposed to furnish Internal Revenue Service Form 1023 information on request. This includes -- all -- organizational documents, including any and all bylaws and amendments thereto, particularly signed certificates of when they were adopted, who adopted them, and proof of receipt by the IRS. This information was requested weeks ago. But all we got was the runaround.
At the same time, we asked for a detailed breakdown of the $270,000 in "Other expenses" listed on MCHF's 2011 tax return for Winesong! Ms. Erickson promised that information, but never came through.
All Ms. Erickson ever provided was an unsigned set of bylaws with no connection whatsoever to MCHF's founding bylaws. They appear to be dated 2006, but according to MCHF tax returns for that time period, no such change was ever reported to the IRS.
On the original founding documents, MCHF's mission is described as "providing financial support" for the local Hospital's operations as well as "modernization". This language has been omitted from MCHF's website and current bylaws with no explanation of who omitted it, or when it happened. On the founding bylaws, MCHF was described as a membership organization. But according to current MCHF tax returns and bylaws, it has no members whatsoever. Once again, there's no record of who changed it, or when it was changed.
As MCHF's board should know, the Hospital's wear-and-tear costs $1.5 million a year. MCHF claims to provide one-sixth of that amount. According to audited Hospital financial statements, there was at least one year where MCHF provided no financial aid at all. If anything, the Hospital has supported MCHF by providing free office space -- something that MCHF claims to pay $16,000 a year for. Ms. Erickson admitted that MCHF doesn't really -- pay -- that amount, but gave no explanation of why it's listed on MCHF's tax return, where that money actually went or who authorized it. Now the local hospital is bankrupt.
Since this has a substantial impact on our well-being, we hereby demand the following information:
• A comprehensive and up-to-date set of IRS Form 1023 documents along with a complete checklist.
• A detailed explanation of the $270,000 in "Other expenses" declared for Winesong! on the MCHF tax return, who authorized those expenses and the minutes of any Board meeting where any such vote was taken to authorize them .
• A signed copy of the current bylaws, a signed copy of the MCHF Board meeting minutes where they were adopted, and proof of receipt by the IRS.
• A signed copy of any amended articles of incorporation where the language "providing financial support" and "modernization" was removed, and proof of receipt by the IRS.
• A signed copy of any amended bylaws where MCHF went from a membership organization to a non-membership organization, and proof of receipt by the IRS.
• A detailed explanation of who $16,000 in occupancy expenses declared by MCHF is paid to, what that money is for, and who authorized it.
Please direct Ms. Erickson to post this information to the MCHF website at www.mchfoundation.org as soon as possible, and respond here with a link to that information.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
California State Registry of Charitable Trusts: Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation
http://rct.doj.ca.gov/MyLicenseVerification/ ; go to link at fourth bullet point, "Click here to search for a Organization instead of a person."
enter "Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation" in "Organization Name" field and "CA" in "State" field.
Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation Website, November 12, 2013
Winesong! Website, November 12, 2013
Mendocino Coast Health Care District Audited Financial Statements, February 1, 2010
Mendocino Coast Hospital District Bankruptcy Documents, October 17, 2012
Mendocino Coast Hospital Foundation 990 Tax Return, December 14, 2009,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2013 11:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mendocino-Coast-Hospital-Foundation/Fort-Bragg-California-95437/Mendocino-Coast-Hospital-Foundation-Re-Mendocino-Coast-Hospital-Foundation-Demand-for-1098652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.