Complaint Review: Mepco Finance

• Submitted: Thu, February 23, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 23, 2012

• Reported By: Mason of Hardeman County — bolivar Tennessee United States of America
Mepco Finance
4800 mexico rd Saint Peters, Missouri United States of America

Mepco Finance I called to cancel my contract with Mepco and upon calling I was belittled and questioned..I was told that I had payed so much already and that it dont make since to cancel it now, that I only owe 1,4 Saint Peters, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Written confirmation with Certified mail

I called in to Mepco Fin. to cancel my contract, upon calling I spoke with a man who told me that he had to speak with my husband because my name was not on the contract. So I called back to Mepco with my husband on the line, who advised him (Mepco) to place my name on the contract, I than advised them (Mepco) that I was cancelling my contract.  Upon me stating that I was going to cancel my contract I was belittled, I was asked "Why are you cancelling this contract you've never made a claim on it, you only owe $1,406.25, why cancel it now, you have put so much in to this, you called with one claim and it didn't cove it, so now you what to cancel, I mean that don't make any since to me" I then said okay, I understand, I still want to cancel my contract,

I was then told that I was late on a payment, I asked how, the payment is drafted out of my accout, I was then  told well you need to make this payment it was due on 02-21-2012, need I remind you that today is 02-23-2012 any ways, I then informed them that no payment had been returnned to my account, (because they claimed that a return payment had been sent back) I was told "Well we just tried once.

As the company continued to tell me how it didn't make since for me to cancel my contract and how I should keep it, I said to them again "I want to cancel my contract" I was then told that I have to send in a lettle of cancelation, signed and dated, statement as to why I am cancelling, and the mileage on my car..I was told to sent it to 4800 Mexico Rd, Suite 201 Saint Peters Missiour 63376..This was one of the worst mistake I made trying to bye insurance that cover my motor, electronic, air, transmission etc for approximate 3,000 this was money wasted

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2012 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mepco-Finance/Saint-Peters-Missouri-63376/Mepco-Finance-I-called-to-cancel-my-contract-with-Mepco-and-upon-calling-I-was-belittled-843669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mepco Finance

Written confirmation with Certified mail

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

Send via Certified Mail Return Receipt. Make the letter brief as its only necessary to have the date of cancelation , the account holder name, Account number, the vehicle in question, the signature of the persons canceling.
Close it with the line- Send notice of cancellation to the following address (Insert your mailing address). This makes them accountable to follow thru and you get to maintain a record of the letter thru the mail.

Please learn the correct spelling is "SENSE " For Common Sense, For Having the Sense to do the right thing. The Word "Since" that you chose to use made zero SENSE to this reader.

There is NO law that I am aware of that doesn't allow cancellation of a service/warranty contract. You may have to pay a penalty if its written in their favor and its agreed to in the "terms & Conditions of service/warranty".

Simply do what is best and cancel it thru the Letter sending.