Complaint Review: Mercedes Benz

• Reported By:Lawrenceville GA
Mercedes Benz
Nationwide U.S.A.

ML 430 Mercedes Benz Lemon

I don't know where to begin as I am so disgusted with what has happened with my 1999 ML430. What makes it even worse is the manufacture knew about the defects and the problems and provide dealerships with special sales incentatives to unload the 1999. My issues with the car are two fold one is safety and the situation they have put my family in and the other is reliability and dependability of the product. Since, owning this vechile only one out of five major problems has been repaired and the repair took several trips to get accomplished. To date I have a vechile where the safety belts in the rear of my car are defective, Air Conditioner that does not work, Fuel gauge and Sensor which do not working resulting in stalling and never knowing how much fuel you have in your vechile, and running boards which vibrate. To top it all off we bought a MB child seat which would turn off the air bags in the front passenger seat only to find out shortly after purchasing it in May that they were defective and did not turn off the airbags even though the indicator was on. What this has meant is that I have been unable to safely transport my infant son. I have an ML which the belts don't work in the back and a seat I can't use in the front and our other car is a Mercedes as well but it is a two seater and again we can't use the seat in that vechile. MB has been unwilling to shut off our airbags or replace the belts. When contacting Customer Service I was told I was responsible for owning a two seater and when I explained the situation with the ML they got quiet but where unwilling to help. I asked what should I do and they had no answers for me other than to rent another car..... Go figure you spend over 80,000 dollars on two vechiles but you can't taken your family in either one of them.

Sincerely
Kris Stivali

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Mercedes Benz

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mercedes-Benz/nationwide/ML-430-Mercedes-Benz-Lemon-1584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mercedes Benz