Complaint Review: Merchandise Direct In Wallingford, CT.06493

• Updated: Thu, August 20, 2009

• Reported By: GP Fort Lauderdale — Fort Lauderdale Florida USA
Merchandise Direct In Wallingford, CT.06493
300 Returns Road Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

Merchandise Direct In Wallingford, CT.06493 Fraudulent order, Fraudulent charges to my credit card by Merchandise Direct in Wallingford. Connecticut

8-20-2009. A few weeks ago I responded to Merchandise Direct infomercial to order food containers valued at $19.99. I just received a box weighing over 30 lbs. containing 4 sets of junk books that I did not order. I called 800-372-4729 and spoke to Alexis who indicated that she would send a return label and the charges of $39.80 for the books would be credited back upon receipt of the merchandise. I immediately called my credit card company to verify charges on my account and it turns out that Merchandise Direct has fraudulently charged my account $127.30 for this unauthorized order of very heavy junk books. I have reported this fraud charge to my credit card company and taken the steps to prevent further charges on my card fearing that these people are bound to continue with fraudulent activities now that they have my credit card information. I am taking the liberty of sending the entire order back via Federal Express at an expense to me of approximately $60.00 so that I will have a signed receipt from Merchandise Direct. I researched the internet and I am finding a huge number of complaints against this company. WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM MERCHANDISE DIRECT as they will send you heavy weighing junk and fraudulently charge your credit card account. Their fraud attempts are obvious since it will cost you more to send back the junk and then they have the option to say that they never received the merchandise unless you send it via a secure manner as I am now forced to do.  Their products are cheap and do not stand up to what they represent on their infomercials or ads.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2009 05:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchandise-Direct-In-Wallingford-CT06493/Wallingford-Connecticut-06493/Merchandise-Direct-In-Wallingford-CT06493-Fraudulent-order-Fraudulent-charges-to-my-cr-482791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchandise Direct In Wallingford, CT.06493

faced