Complaint Review: Merchandise Direct

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 30, 2008

• Reported By:Windham New Hampshire
Merchandise Direct
300 Returns Rd.(Thats All I Have.) Wallingford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Merchandise Direct I ordered 2 Buxton Purses with upgraded leather and cooling fan. Free memory minder was free. They sent one purse and fan to my son not me. I did not receive anything.I was charged the full amount on my credit card. No phone number or paperwork came with the item sent to my son. I don't even know how they got his name. Wallingford Connecticut

*Author of original report: I went to Buxton website and found more information.

I ordered two Buxton purses with upgraded leather (which cost extra) along with a cooling fan. A free memory recorder was to be included. I received nothing.

They sent one purse and a fan to my son. I don't know how they even got his name. My credit card was charged the full amount. The purse and the fan came to my son without any paperwork, just a card with their return address on it for returns.

I imagine if I returned it I would never get anything and still have a charge on my card. I plan to keep the one purse that my son was sent and the fan, but I am owed another purse. Judging from the other complaints I don't imagine I will see the other purse.

I plan to watch my credit card carefully to make sure that they do not charge anything else on it.

Anne
Windham, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 05:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchandise-Direct/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/Merchandise-Direct-I-ordered-2-Buxton-Purses-with-upgraded-leather-and-cooling-fan-Free-m-346067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchandise Direct

I went to Buxton website and found more information.

AUTHOR: Anne - (U.S.A.)

Update: I went to the Buxton website and found the same purse along with the "free" memory recorders for each bag that you order. There is a customer service number there that I intend to call. For those of you that do not have a number or address here it is: 866-389-3774. The number is open from 830-10PM EST. I discovered it after 10PM so I have not had the opportunity to use it. The address is Merchandise Direct, PO. Box 3179, Wallingford, CT 06494. I hope that everyone calls that number and complains. The Buxton Bag had a website address of www.BuxtonBag.com, and they had the same deal as seen on TV as well as the Wallingford,CT address.