Complaint Review: Merchant Credit Guide Resurgent Capital Services LVNV Funding The Sherman Companies

• Submitted: Mon, January 08, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 19, 2007

• Reported By:Troy Missouri
223 W. Jackson Blvd Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchant Credit Guide Resurgent Capital Services LVNV Holding LVNV Funding The Sherman Companies Fraudulant Debt Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: GB

*Consumer Comment: file complaints with both Federal Trade Commission and your State Attorney General

I received a call on from merchant credit guide stating I owed an amount of 421.12 from 14 years ago. This account has a unvalidated record. I got a call from NCO Portfolio (approx may '06)stating I owed a debt to Amoco Oil in the amount of 521.xx. I talked to the rep at NCO and they told me the last four digits of the SSN on file and they were not close to mine and the address was incorrect (Never live on the street mentioned). NCO never called me again on this false debt.

However, on 12-27-06, Merchant credit guide starting calling about this debt. I sent a Certified letter and also faxed the same to the number I received. The letter I got off of this site, so thanks to all who contribute.

This last saturday, I receive a bill from resurgent capital services of greenville, SC,(The Sherman Companies) stating I owe the 412.57 for this very debt. Before I could send anything off to these weasels, I got a bill from Merchant Credit Guide stating they will give me three options to pay this debt they accuse I owe. One time payment of half the debt, 3 payments equivalent to 70% of the debt or monthly payments.

How can companies accuse you of false debts and get away with badgering people? Anyways, I will have to spend time and a little money to refute and sue, if neccessary, to get these clowns from hounding me. This site has educated me on this kind of business abuse quickly.

GB
Troy, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2007 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-Credit-Guide-Resurgent-Capital-Services-LVNV-Funding-The-Sherman-Companies/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Merchant-Credit-Guide-Resurgent-Capital-Services-LVNV-Holding-LVNV-Funding-The-Sherman-229433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant Credit Guide Resurgent Capital Services LVNV Funding The Sherman Companies

#1 Consumer Suggestion

GB

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

keep all the collection letters, from each of these companies.

sooner or later, one of these bottom feeders will, try and file suit against you or give false documents on validations.

then name each and everyone, that sent you a collection letter as CO-DEF.

fcra section 604(A)(3), deals with your credit file being pulled without permissible purpose.
(injury to your credit report and credit score)

If these collection companies, try to collect a debt and can't validate, they sell it to another and that company made inquiries on your credit report or pulled it, the same as the one who sold it. these collection companies are knowingly selling your informations on a debt they can't collect on or validate, which is doing harm to your credit profile.

you would think there action, would fall within the scope of the law

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

I would request debt validation by filing with South Carolina Attorney General. Give as much detailed information concerning everything you put in your ripoff report. Point out how they are reaging the debt. You have the credit bureau reports. I wish I had reports from every year.

Request copies of all bonfide documents bearing your alledged signature.

Then hit them with detailed report and file a report with FTC. I have a feeling that LVNV dreads the FTC.

If enough people complain to the Federal Trade Commission. They will file suit against them. They will probably change their name.

I would file complaints against them. They tend to back down from what I read on the internet.

The FTC will go after cockroach feeders for the hundreds of violations of FDCPA. Especially when they have hundreds of complaints.

Additionally, access Budhibbs.com. He has the complete history on these mafia extortionists.

Nathan - Milwaukee, Wisconsin