• Report: #201891

• Submitted: Wed, July 19, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, July 19, 2006

• Reported By:Durango Colorado
Merchant Credit Guide
233 W. Jackson Blvd., Suite 900, Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchant Credit Guide - Ken Hughes Ripoff Erroneous Threatening Phone Calls Chicago, Illinois

I received a very threatening and rude recorded phone message from Ken Hughes, Merchants Credit Guide Co., on 07/18/06 @ approx. 7:00 PM Mtn Time Zone. I phoned their toll-free ph. #888-249-4134 the next day, 07/19/06, 2 times. First time I spoke with a Mr. Lewis. My 2nd call was answered by a Eldevia (spelling ?). Mr. Lewis said they were looking for a Ms. Martinez. I don't even know a Ms. Martinez. I promised them I would be reporting them and their tactics. So far, I've reported this to the FTC (Fed. Trade Commission) and now to
Rip-off Report. Per my 2nd phone call to Eldevia (Sp. ?), Merchants Credit Guide, Co. said my home phone number was not on their system, so she felt my home ph.# had been deleted.I Hope That Is In-Fact the Case!

These types of heavy-handed tactics are unacceptable. If this harrassment was received by an elderly person, it could have been very upsetting! Shame on them!

Michael
Durango, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2006 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-Credit-Guide/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Merchant-Credit-Guide-Ken-Hughes-Ripoff-Erroneous-Threatening-Phone-Calls-Chicago-Illin-201891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant Credit Guide