Complaint Review: Merchant Data Systems,

• Submitted: Mon, April 07, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 21, 2008

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
Merchant Data Systems,
1688 Meridian Ave Ste 802 Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Merchant Data Systems, attempted to charge fraudulent fees in violation of contract, attempted to extort unauthorized fees in violation of FTC regulations. Miami Beach Florida

*Author of original report: NH Designs

*UPDATE Employee: Merchant Data Systems is not affiliated with Merchant One Payment Systems

IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT MERCHANT DATA SERVICES, INC, AKA MERCHANT ONE PAYMENT SYSTEMS, YOU NEED TO CONTACT THE FLORIDA STATE ATTORNEY'S OFFICE (850) 414 3990 IMMEDIATELY TO INCREASE THE CHANCE OF ACTION AGAINST MERCHANT DATA SERVICES.

On 4/3/07 Merchant Data Systems (MDS) committed fraud in deducting a fee of $99.00 as an annual fee, even though this had been waived from my contract and should never have been charged. I called and complained, and my money was refunded. A representative of this company had purposefully lied to me and said that I could not cancel my contract and had to keep it for five years. When I found a new, honest, card processing company, they told me that according to FTC regulations, I can cancel my contract with any card processing at any time, provided that I cancel in writing with my account number and business name.

I made the mistake of letting the matter of cancelling my account with MDS slip my mind, and on 4/3/08 MDS once again committed fraud and deducted the unauthorized amount of $99.00 out of my account in addition to the monthly fee. I called and screamed at Juan Carlos over the phone, and he had the nerve to act like it was just fine to fraudulently take money out of my account, and that he would consider a refund and get back to me by the end of the day.

While waiting for Mr. Carlos's response, I contacted the Better Business Bureau as well as various state authorities in Fl, most importantly the state Attorney General's office. My bank helped out with a 'stop payment' on the fee MDS was attempting to steal, and did not charge me for the 'stop payment' fee after I explained everything to them. MDS did end up giving back the $99.00 they never should have taken.

After receiving my fax stating my instructions to cancel my account, MDS today (4/7) has once again attempted to steal money from me, this time $1,200.00. I've done another 'stop payment' and they will not get this money. In addition I've closed the account that they had access to and opened a new one.

Nh designs
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2008 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-Data-Systems/Miami-Beach-Florida-33239/Merchant-Data-Systems-attempted-to-charge-fraudulent-fees-in-violation-of-contract-atte-324239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant Data Systems,

COMMENTS ADDED IN RESPONSE TO REPLY FROM MERCAHNT DATA SYSTEMS:

To address the points they make in their 4/15 rebuttal, 1) the fax letterhead on which they faxed over their contract contained the name "Merchant One Payment Systemts" 2) The refund they issued was for a fee they were not allowed to charge per their contract, 3) Per the contract there was no monthly cancellation fee stated that would total out to $1200 and it certainly was not due at the time they charged me and then refunded the $99 fee, 4) I have most certainly read the entire tiny print text of the contract and consulted the FTC regulations and do not owe anything to Merchant Data Systems at this time.

Merchant Data Systems is not affiliated with Merchant One Payment Systems

AUTHOR: Merchant Data Systems - (U.S.A.)

Merchant Data Systems gave merchant a $99.00 refund despite the merchant owing the company $1200.00. Checking the notes from our systems the merchant had not had any problems or issues. We are not quite sure why the merchant has posted this message other than thinking that they may avoid being in collections. We do not beleive that the merchant has read ther merchant services agreement. The merchant may have had a problem with another provider with the name " Merchant One Payment Systems".

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC