Complaint Review: Merchant Express - Craigslist SCAM

• Updated: Thu, February 03, 2011

• Reported By: Frans — Whistler British Columbia Canada
Merchant Express - Craigslist SCAM
20 Trafalgar Square Nashua, New Hampshire United States of America

Merchant Express - Craigslist SCAM Sent my Tracking Number to Merchant Express for Verification, and still haven't received my $730. Nashua, New Hampshire

*Consumer Comment: To the employee

*UPDATE Employee: Wrong Merchant Express Company

I advertised my Laptop and Printer on Graigslist.
I got an E-mail from my buyer that said we will do business through Merchant Express.
Merchant Express E-mailed me saying that they got the money from the buyer and I have to send my package to the buyer and E-mail them the tracking numbers for confirmation and they will send me my money.
after I sent them the Tracking numbers I got a reply saying that they've got a problem with their Database and they will send me my money as soon as they fixed the problem.

After two days I still haven't received my money and E-mailed them again.
I then got a reply saying it will be fixed today and I will have my money within 24 Hours.
I E-mailed them after that and got no reply and no money up to this date.
It has been 16 days after I sent them the Tracking Numbers of the Packages and haven't received my $730.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2010 12:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-Express-Craigslist-SCAM/Nashua-New-Hampshire-03063/Merchant-Express-Craigslist-SCAM-Sent-my-Tracking-Number-to-Merchant-Express-for-Verifi-621348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant Express - Craigslist SCAM

To the employee

AUTHOR: KitKat44 - (United States of America)

This sounds like a variation on the 419 scam, they often use legitimate business names with fake contacts in their scam. I'm sure any intelligent person is aware of this and that your business is not affiliated with the scam.

Wrong Merchant Express Company

AUTHOR: Tanya hannon - (U.S.A.)

This person who filed this report is not reporting this accurately. The company in complaint is Merchant Express Money Order. Our company is Merchant Express, www.merchantexpress.com - we setup merchant accounts and have an A+ rating with the BBB. This person listed our company and used our NH address, which is incorrect.

Wrong company!