Complaint Review: Merchant One Credit Card Processing

• Submitted: Mon, May 03, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, May 03, 2010

• Reported By: Troy — St. Louis Missouri United States of America
Merchant One Credit Card Processing
524 Arthur Godfrey Road Suite 300 Miami Beach, Florida Internet United States of America

Merchant One Credit Card Processing Bait and switch, really bad customer service! Internet

I signed with Merchant One company for low rates and (professed) Quickbooks compatibility.

After a lengthy application and compliance process, I was finally approved to accept credit cards through Merchant One. I called their tech support department for assistance in setting up the account and was given another number for their 'Quickbooks technician'. I called, left a voice mail, and waited. No return call.

I called back for customer support one week later and was told that Merchant one was NOT compatible with Quickbooks. I asked to be transferred to the cancellation dept. The person with whom I spoke told me that I indeed could use Quickbooks with Merchant One, if I created a NEW gateway account. He told me he would set up the account and get back to me. He never called back. Now I have TWO merchant accounts and TWO gateway accounts!

I called back to attempt to cancel my account AGAIN. I was sent a cancellation agreement that stated: "It is our policy at Merchant One to retain accounts as aggressively as possible, rather than to assess an early termination fee and/or deconversion fee to your account." They then went on to inform me that my cancellation fee would be $295.

There was nothing I received that specified this early termination fee.

Since the termination fee is the same as 37 months, I'll just use their monthly account debit as a reminder to post my experiences with complaint boards such as this, and with the Florida BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2010 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-One-Credit-Card-Processing/internet/Merchant-One-Credit-Card-Processing-Bait-and-switch-really-bad-customer-service-Interne-599589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant One Credit Card Processing