lighting

• Updated: Sun, February 14, 2010

• Reported By: Hughes River — Winter Garden Florida United States of America
Merchant One
524 W 41st St. #300 Miami Beach, Florida United States of America

Merchant One William MERCHANT ONE SERVICES HOLDS YOUR MONEY IN LIMBO AND WON'T CREDIT BACK TO YOUR CUSTOMERS ACCOUNT. Miami Beach, Florida

Merchant One as of this writing is holding my customers money, $402.00 and hasn't credited back to the customers American Express account or credited to our company bank account.  The transaction took place Jan. 21, 2010.  The customers American Express account was charged for $402.00.  Because of this problem, I have faxed a letter asking that our merchant account be closed and the $402.00 be returned to our customers account.  As of Feb. 14, 2010, this has not been done.  I intend to file a complaint with the Florida Attorney Generals office as well as U.S. Department of Consumers Affairs.  I will also file for collection through the small claims court if the money is not returned.

Because we haven't received a credit in our company bank account, I have had to ask for a cash payment from our customer.  Of course the claim was that they have already paid us and that they would pay us once they have received a credit back into their American Express account.  They are filing a complaint with American Express against our merchant account.

This is a poor way to do business.  I would definitely not recommend Merchant One for any business looking for merchant services for credit card handling.  The People I talked with in Customer Services was nice and helpful enough but unable to handle this problem.  They gave me a name, William and his phone number.  Although we had used the service a few days before and the funds were deposited into the company bank account, William wanted copies of invoices, my Drivers License, Our business license, state filing for the corporation.  I had already furnished most of this information to have the merchant account established.  I was not willing to furnish this kind of information to someone not directly associated with Merchant One.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2010 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-One/Miami-Beach-Florida-33140/Merchant-One-William-MERCHANT-ONE-SERVICES-HOLDS-YOUR-MONEY-IN-LIMBO-AND-WONT-CREDIT-BACK-569418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant One