Complaint Review: Merchant One

• Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: TR — Los Angeles California United States of America
Merchant One
524 Arthur Godfrey Rd Ste 300 Miami, Florida United States of America

Merchant One merchantone Deceptive and Fraudulent - RIP OFF - creditcard processing scam Miami, Florida

I made the HUGE mistake of switching to Merchant One. Let it be a lesson to anyone considering them for CC processing. They will say anything to sign you - including blatant lying and withholding critical information.

After speaking with Kevin D. Brown and going over *to the penny* what I was paying at that time, he assured me, repeatedly, that he (Merchant One) would save me money on credit card processing. Their advertised rates sounded/looked great, but the fraud and deception came to light after sign up when all the hidden fees and miscellaneous charges began to appear.

After a few months of seeing fees that greatly exceeded what I was previously paying, I closed the account. To add insult to injury they proceeded to bill me a termination fee of $300. This was after all the time and energy I wasted in this situation. If this isnt extortion, I dont know what is. This company and its employees are thugs, plain and simple.

And, if that weren't enough, they put a charge-off on my credit report putting a ding in my otherwise perfect credit. This was after I refused to pay their $300 ransom which was disguised under the term "cancellation fee."

Dont walk, RUN from this company. You have been warned. Search and you will find scenario after scenario just like mine, and worse.

I'm actively seeking participants for a class-action suit against Merchant One. Please contact me if you have been subject to the fraudulent practices of this corporation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-One/Miami-Florida-/Merchant-One-merchantone-Deceptive-and-Fraudulent-RIP-OFF-creditcard-processing-scam-M-939017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant One