Complaint Review: Merchant Services Inc. Canada

Merchant Services Inc. Canada
440 Laurier Ave. West Suite 200 Ottawa, Ontario United States of America

Merchant Services Inc. Canada These guys tried to hustle me Ottawa, Ontario

*Author of original report: I Finally Got Through To Them

An acquaintance of mine was offering his company's services to me as their sales rep. After getting ripped off by CollectivePOS, I was hesitant to sign up with them until I learned more about them, but he assured me everything was above board with these people.

The presentation went okay, but I felt they used excessive sales pressure. The sales rep has me sign some documents, but some fees were missed. He assured me those would be waived, but the trouble was that he made two more trips to my office because some additional lines in the contract needed signatures. Shouldn't he have checked everything the first time?

Also, since I opted to accept credit cards, and I was depositing the money in my personal account, I needed a letter from the bank to authorizing this. Apparently, accepting debit cards is one thing, but using credit cards is a different matter because of the fraud risk.

While on this, the sales rep's associates kept calling me to get the my account activated, even after I indicated that the sales rep is handling this. They were in a hurry to close the deal and I felt nagged.

The icing on the cake was when one of the managers called saying that I'd be charged an early cancellation fee if I didn't activate my account, which is BS. Even if it was activated, I have a grace period where I can cancel my account without penalty. I found his tone threatening and coercive and I hung up on him, and then he called me back to continue haranguing me. I got so pissed off at this guy who continued talking at me without pause that I cussed him off and demanded that me stop immediately.

As a parting shot, he said he'd charge the early cancellation fee to my account. I called my sales rep who then notified me that he no longer works at Merchant Services due to the unethical sales tactics they use. Apparently, this behavior is the norm, and guy I was arguing with was from their New York office, who try to aggressively close deals with threats.

The ex-sales rep said not to worry about it. Now I find out that the early cancellation fee was charged to my account earlier this week. I called him up and tell him that since he was the one who recommended them, he should be the one to take care of it. I'm waiting on them...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-Services-Inc-Canada/Ottawa-Ontario-K1R7X6/Merchant-Services-Inc-Canada-These-guys-tried-to-hustle-me-Ottawa-Ontario-940160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant Services Inc. Canada

I Finally Got Through To Them

AUTHOR: Joel Joseph - ()

I called Mike Waheed again and this time was lucky enough to catch him in his office. He made sure the Customer Servioce team called me back. Of course they're trying to bullshit me by saying that the charge was legit and that so much time has passed that the issue is moot...even though I pointed out that I tried calling them before and that it was only now that I got through. They're sending me a copy of my contract and I'll compare it with mine and see where it says that a cancellation fees applies even if I never completed the registration process.