Complaint Review: Merchant Srvices Direct

• Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: Vince — Klamath Falls Oregon
Merchant Srvices Direct
10725 SW Barbur Blvd. Suite 102 Portland, Oregon United States of America

Merchant Srvices Direct They have no Customer Service and we still had to pay there Early Termination Fee of $350.00 Portland, Oregon

On 11/2/12 our business was contacted by Merchant Services Direct, after their salesman (Alex Antene ) who no longer is with their company, looked at our current contract with a different company and told us that we were currently not locked into a contract, so  we filled out an application to open an account with MSD. After  two months of not hearing from MSD, I made a few phone calls to them. On the second & third phone call that I made they told me that we had called and cancelled the new application !

Then one week later we received the new credit card machine and a letter letting us know that our account has been approved. I then called to cancel our account with MSD since their customer service had already proven to be un-reliable. Thats when the MSD representative ( Tabitha Harris ) sent me an E-mail saying that we are locked into a 3 year contract, the original sales rep said that there was no contract if we signed up with MSD. To cancel now  would cost us a fee of  $350.00. I let Tabitha at MSD  know that we have not run any transaction with them yet, we had not even plugged in their new credit card machine, she said that we would still have to pay their penalty !

Also MSD  does not tell you that they actually use a company called iPayment out of Calabasas CA.  We have sent the credit card prossesing machine back to MSD and have faxed back a form to close the account.I do not believe that Tabitha Harris knows much about customer service! On my last phone call with Tabitha on 3/15/13 I asked her why it would take 2 months of not hearing from her company, the same company who was trying to earn our business? her reply to me was that it was up to me ! to follow through and make the phone calls !

Ive been in customer service for 20 years and this would never be a good practice for any business !!! And on 4/18/13 they did take the $350.00 Early Termination Fee from our account. Stay Away from: Merchant Services Direct!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-Srvices-Direct/Portland-Oregon-97129/Merchant-Srvices-Direct-They-have-no-Customer-Service-and-we-still-had-to-pay-there-Early-1045523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant Srvices Direct