Complaint Review: Merchant Tire

• Updated: Wed, September 12, 2012

• Reported By: CReece — Clemmons North Carolina United States of America
Merchant Tire
2651 Lewisville Clemmons Road Clemmons, North Carolina United States of America

Merchant Tire, Clemmmons, NC Charged over double to my Amex card Clemmons, North Carolina

I have been a customer of Merchant's Tire for several years.  On 9/4/2012 (my Birthday too), I went there for oil change and  inspection. They talked me into purchasing synthetic oil for $46.99 and Inspection at  30.00.  They then tell me I need two new tires.  Mine were low on tread and agreed, though I thought too much for 2 Cooper tires for 2007 Toyota Yaris. The agent working said $82.99 for both and I was pretty happy. Takes them over 2 1/2 hrs and only 1 ahead of me, but ok.

Then I receive my Amex bill for $347.47.  My total should have been $159.98 + tax.  I called, got the run around and then called Amex and disbuted.  I love AMEX :)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-Tire/Clemmons-North-Carolina-27012/Merchant-Tire-Clemmmons-NC-Charged-over-double-to-my-Amex-card-Clemmons-North-Carolina-940347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant Tire