Complaint Review: Merchant Tire's

• Submitted: Wed, September 17, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, September 17, 2008

• Reported By:Bealeton Virginia
Merchant Tire's
187 W. Lee Highway Warrenton, Virginia U.S.A.

Merchant Tire's Payment Scandal, Check not approved by cash checking company for Merchant Tires. Not because of lack of funds, bad credit, but because I am shadow of fraud for Merchant Tires Warrenton Virginia

On 9/17/2008 I went to go get 2 tires and a oil change from Merchant Tires. Everything seemed okay until it was time to pay.

I thought the tires were a little overcharged, but I went for them anyway. The people at the front desk we not friendly. I felt pressured into buying them after he did the research. They stated they only had tires for $75.00 for my car, Chevrolet Aveo.

So, when they let me know it was time to pay I wrote a check for a total of $251.18. Merchant Tires and the company that approves the checks denied my check. I called my to make sure funds were available they stated my balance was over $700.00. Merchant tires would not even speak to the bank, who were willing to verify that I had enough in my account.

I, then ask them why they were denying my check. They could not give me a reason. I called the check verification place and they stated because my check mirrored a fraud towards Merchant tires.

I ask them what they meant, they could, and would not let me know anything else. They did tell me that there is program that you can pay into to prevent your checks from being denied.

They held my car while I had to find another means to pay them. My daugter, then came to pick me up and take me to the bank. So I could cash the check and take back to Merchant Tires.

No money loss, but alot of time lossed for being overcharged for tires.

Perri
Bealeton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2008 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-Tires/Warrenton-Virginia/Merchant-Tires-Payment-Scandal-Check-not-approved-by-cash-checking-company-for-Merchant-373843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant Tire's