Complaint Review: Merchant Warehouse

• Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012

• Reported By: Jeanette — Saint Augustine Florida United States of America
Merchant Warehouse
P.O. box6600 Hagerstown MD 21740 Hagerstown, Maryland United States of America

Merchant Warehouse Merchant Services and they also go by First data Merchant Services Corporation Deceptive wording in their contracts leads to costly penalties Hagerstown, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: You got the wrong company

Merchant Warehouse had us sign a contract so we could except credit cards on line for our business.  We read and signed the contract .  No where on the contract did it state  that it was a three year  contract and that their was a flat fee of $295.00 for early termination.   We did however sign a space stating that we have read and understand their practices.  Well come to find out their practices include " Reading their web site"  which is where it states that this is a three year contract and there is an early termination fee and many other fee's people don't know about.   This was hidden in paragraph 23.B.  Do you think it could be hidden any better?  If this is not deceptive I don't know what is...  When I called to close my account early  they didn't even tell me about the fee and just withdrew the funds from my checking account which as you can imagine caused  bounced checks and accounts everywhere.  This has cost me a lot of money of banking fees etc.... Not to mention my good name!  They  need to be up front about their fees and billing practices, and should tell their customers about termination fees!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-Warehouse/Hagerstown-Maryland-21740-6604/Merchant-Warehouse-Merchant-Services-and-they-also-go-by-First-data-Merchant-Services-Corp-934349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant Warehouse

You got the wrong company

AUTHOR: Anon - (United States of America)

I've worked with Merchant Warehouse for years and they don't have cancellation or termination fees. I think you got the wrong company.