Complaint Review: MerchantCreditGuide - CFB Financial III

• Submitted: Wed, March 08, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 10, 2006

• Reported By:Norfolk Virginia
MerchantCreditGuide - CFB Financial III
223 W. Jackson Blvd Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchant Credit Guide - CFB Financial III ripoff Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Angela.. NEVER pay a collector!... Here's why..

*Consumer Comment: Merchant Credit Guide , CFB Financhial Scam Artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Consumer Beware

i RECEIVED CORRESPOMDENCE REGARDING A COLLECTION ON AN ACCT I HAD ORIGINALLY WITH FIRST-CONSUMERS - SPEIGEL. I DONE A PAYMENT OVER THE PHONE USING MY CHECKING ACCT. I LATER WAS GOING OVER MY CREDIT REPORT TO MARK OFF THAT IT WAS PAID.

I THEN DISCOVERED THAT THE ACCOUNT THAT THEY WERE COLLECTING ON WAS PAID AT A $0 BALANCE IN JULY 1998. I CALLED THE COMPANY AND I WAS TOLD THAT THAT WAS THE YEAR IT WAS OPENED. THEY SAID THE INFORMATION ON THE CREDIT REPORT WAS INCORRECT. THEN WE WERE DISCONNECTED THE COLLECTION REPRESENTATIVE WAS THERESA HOWARD.

BEFORE I SPOKE WITH HER I CALLED THE MAIN NUMBER AND THEY SAID THERE WAS NO RECORD OF A PAYMENT EVER BEING RECEIVED BUT THE CHECK CLEARED MY ACCT.

Angela
Norfolk, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2006 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MerchantCreditGuide-CFB-Financial-III/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Merchant-Credit-Guide-CFB-Financial-III-ripoff-Chicago-Illinois-180044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MerchantCreditGuide - CFB Financial III

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Angela.. NEVER pay a collector!... Here's why..

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Angela,

By making a payment, you just re-affirmed the debt and re-started the Statute of Limitations and the 7 year negative reporting rule.

It would have been off off your credit report this year or next, as well as the SOL in VA for CC debt is 3 years which made the debt uncollectable!

Now, that bill you just paid will remain on your credit report for 7 more years as a PAID COLLECTION! And, they can now keep coming after you for more money.

NEVER pay a collector anything. NEVER even speak to any collector. NEVER NEVER NEVER give any collector your bank account information! Never give a collector ANY personal information.

Just consder this an investment in knowledge.

Hello,

I will start by saying that the company you have named is a debt collection junk debt buyer.
This company is a rip off scamer. First of all I must say that you should never give your account information to any company unless you know the company very well. Your information is personel and you should never do checks over the phone unless you have delt with the company previously.

I have had experience with the above listed company MCG. CFB Financhial.The company contacted me to try and collect on an 20 year old bankruptcy debt,this company is full of it.They tried defraud me and force me to pay for a 20 year old account. I reported them to the State of Ill Attorney Genral's Office, FBI because the company is using the U.S Mail to committ consumer mail fraud, and I reported them to the BBB Chicago Ill, and the CBS 2 News in Chicago Ill as well as the Chicago Tribune.

You might also contact the company via certified mail and request verification of payment received as payment in full, if the company writes you back and says that they never received any payment, you have proff that they are lying ( you have a check that cleard as cashed by them) take them to court.