Complaint Review: Merchant's Barter Exchange

• Updated: Wed, April 24, 2013

• Reported By: Craig — Quakertown Pennsylvania
Merchant's Barter Exchange

Merchant's Barter Exchange Ripped Me Off Took Product/Never Paid Lied Internet

This guy Steve is slick.  He comes into your new business and promises to make life "so much easier" for your business.  He offers trade with other businesses instead of using cash.  He told me he was a Christian, and that he had ten kids. I was very skeptical, because it sounded to good to be true.  He said.."It sounds that way, because it works".  He then told me that I did NOT have to sign a contract with him, so that he would show me he was a man of honor. This is FAR from the truth.  No integrity whatsoever.  He called me one day, and said, "Are you ready for your first trade?" I said yes.  He told me that he needed 10 meal orders, and that he would be by to get them shortly.  I didn't put two and two together, but yes.  I afterwards remembered that he told me he had a familty of 10.  I guess I got burnt and their meal was on me. I called him numerous times thereafter, with no return call from him.  I left a message for him stating I saw all these negative reports on the web about him.  I also told him that I saw that he went to jail for what he is doing. He called me back, tried to justify it all by saying.."I'm not hiding from anyone, I still live in the same house, go to the same church...yadda yadda.....All told, stay away from this clown. Yes, he is educated, and talks real smoothe.  But at the end of the day, you will get burnt.  His wife and kids must be proud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Barter-Exchange/internet/Merchants-Barter-Exchange-Ripped-Me-Off-Took-ProductNever-Paid-Lied-Internet-1045756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant's Barter Exchange