Complaint Review: Merchants Credit Guide - Alyon

• Submitted: Thu, September 30, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, October 11, 2004

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Merchants Credit Guide - Alyon
223 West Jackson Blvd #900 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchants Credit Guide -Matt Kelly ripoff- dba: Aloyn technologies claiming to collect an unpaid AT&T Master Card bill dated 1997 via calling my home phone 3 times a day leaving messages using only a toll tree number- in the excess of $2200.00 Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: How to deal with an 800-number collection agency

*Consumer Suggestion: Why do you stay on the phone and let somebody yell at you?

9/30/2004 broke the camel's hump, after hearing 4 messages on my home telephone to contact "Matthew Kelly" at a toll free number in a very abrupt and abusive voice for the past 3 days, called the number and got a person that wanted information on my telephone in which the called was placed,when I kept questioning this male voice, he got loud "just give me the number that was called to so that I can tell you what this call is about", when I asked whom is Matthew Kelly, I was informed that he is an attorney and in court and could not be reached for the rest of the day.

Told him the phone number, he sited my first and last name and the last 4 digits of my social security number and began to tell me that I had a debt-owed from At&T year 1997 for $2,200.; after making three payments and then quit. Told him that can not be I have worked since 1995 which has expanded to this present time with no income. He stated, "how would a thief make three payments on your account" I asked him the of the collection agency and he refused, asking quickly, if I was Jennifer Jones and was refusing to pay the amount owed. I say yes, when I asked again for the second time the name of the company of Matthew Kelly - I got the dial tone.

I got angry and called back from my cell phone and asked the voice of a male the name of this company and its location. That is when I got the name of "Merchants Credit Guide Company" located in Chicago, with no mailing address or direct call number of this Matthew Kelly. I got on the net to do the research, I will not pay someone that is out there do the most horrible things to consunmers just because they think they have the claim and rights' beleiving that(we) I won't complain and fight back. I do have a legal recourse and just need to know how to go about this.

Seventeen years is a very long time for any company to paid a collector to collect on a debt that old, where has it been in the past 17 years, when I have not moved in the past 34 years. I am not sending these people any monies which I don't have.dba: Aloyn technologies

Jennifer
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2004 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Credit-Guide-Alyon/Chicago-Illinois/Merchants-Credit-Guide-Matt-Kelly-ripoff-dba-Aloyn-technologies-claiming-to-collect-an-110893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants Credit Guide - Alyon

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How to deal with an 800-number collection agency

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

Here's are techniques I have used in the past. Both are effective for 800-number collection agencies. There are two categories of response:

1. Calling back during business hours:
Be VERY POLITE and talk REAL SLOWLY. When interrupted, lecturing them about courtesy and business manners.
Put down the phone for "interruptions." Leave the line open until they hang up.
Call back and repeat the process. The point is to waste their time and rack up their phone bills.

2. Calling back after business hours:
Leave a LENGTHY message describing your side of the story, talking SLOWLY. Be very polite.
Do this several times in one evening.
At the conclusion of the last message, hit the "hold" button. Then turn in for the night.
The principles at work here:
1. WASTE THEIR TIME
2. JACK UP THEIR PHONE BILLS

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Why do you stay on the phone and let somebody yell at you?

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Why not just hang up?

Or, put the phone down on a table and go watch TV!

Why do you always call back? Does he twist your arm over the phone and make you call him back?

Just hang up! Or, set the phone down and walk away. They'll get the message real quick!