Complaint Review: Merchants' Credit Guide Co

• Submitted: Wed, November 14, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, November 14, 2007

• Reported By:park ridge Illinois
Merchants' Credit Guide Co
223 W Jacson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60606 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchants' Credit Guide Co Have they sued anyone or are they TRUE junk credit collectors? Chicago Illinois

I received a notice from Merchants' Credit. Problem is that I do not know exactly when it came in. There is no date on the letter and I can't find the envelope. I recently had eye surgery and knew in advance that my vision would be a problem for 4-6 weeks, so regular bills I went auto with and tossed everything else in the box.

First I am curious if these guys have actually sued people? The wording is odd on the collection letter. example: "If you notify this office in writing within 30 days from receiving this notice, this office will obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgment and mail you a copy of such judgment" It is very bizarre to me to have a demand for payment letter with no date.

Within in the last year I just went to trial with another collection company. It was dismissed because the CC simply could not state exactly who ( I mean the debtor) the said debt belonged to. My name is not exactly common but I had no reference of ever having done business with the original debtors bank name on the court papers served. Going to court is a nightmare and it took a year to get it settled.

I know I should write a debit validation letter but I am curious who has had or knew of anyone who has had experience with this company. BTW I do not recall having done any business with the original creditor listed. $10,900 is quite a bit of money. Plus, I do not think I owe it, not showing up on my credit report.

Angie
park ridge, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2007 12:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Credit-Guide-Co/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Merchants-Credit-Guide-Co-Have-they-sued-anyone-or-are-they-TRUE-junk-credit-collectors-284724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants' Credit Guide Co