• Report: #220484

• Submitted: Tue, November 14, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, November 14, 2006

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
Merchants Credit Guide
223 W Jackson Blvd Chicago I, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchants Credit Guide Mercahnts Credit Guide and LVNV Funding and Citi Financial Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Sunshine, here's how you do the CEASE COMMUNICATIONS letter.

I recieved a letter from them saying that i owe over 7,000. I called them and they told me that the debt is from 1998. My states SOL is 6 and this is not on my credit report. I am not even sure that this debt is mine...could be...but not sure. I told them that my states SOL is 6 years and this is over that. They told me it didnt matter, I still had to pay. This debt is not tax related or student loan related. So the SOL applies right? I have seen in other reports that i need to send them a cease and desist letter...where do i get one and what if they take me to court anyway. Can they? I know they cant threaten it, and they didnt, but can they still take me to court even after the SOL? That would mean the debt is at least 8 yrs old. They said they are representing LVNV Funding LLC.

Sunshine
Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2006 04:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Credit-Guide/Chicago-I-Illinois-60606/Merchants-Credit-Guide-Mercahnts-Credit-Guide-and-LVNV-Funding-and-Citi-Financial-Chicago-220484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants Credit Guide

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sunshine, here's how you do the CEASE COMMUNICATIONS letter.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Sunshine,

Stay off the phone. NEVER speak to any debt collector.

Immediately send a CEASE COMMUNICATIONS request as per your rights under the FDCPA.

In this letter simply state that you are excercising your rights under the FDCPA and that all communications must CEASE IMMEDIATELY. Failure to comply will result in an immediate FTC complaint and civil lawsuit. Also advise them that any lawyer who attempts to collect this debt will be brought up on a Bar Association complaint for the unethical and illegal harassment over the attempted collection of a time barred debt.

They will go away after getting this letter, and if they don't, they will be paying you.