Complaint Review: Merchant's Credit Guide

• Submitted: Sun, June 17, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, June 17, 2007

• Reported By:New Martinsville West Virginia
Merchant's Credit Guide
223 W. Jackson Blvd Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchant's Credit Guide Con-Artists Ripoff Chicago Illinois

I recieved a letter from this company awhile ago I thought it was for my tution when I was still in College that I hadn't paid in awhile for around $2,500 but, at the time I started the company whom holds my loans (Sallie-Mae) brought my account back up and was going to go into collections if I hadn't paid at the time (still paying on it.

I had called them thinking it was for school how most operate is they ask you to verify if your name is right, address, phone number and he proceeded to ask me where I work I had told him I will not and am not giving that information out there is no need for it.

I had hung up with him called my loan provider they said to send a copy in with my payment which I did and they would take care of it. I didn't recieve anymore phone calls until 2 weeks ago they started again. Friday morning (6/15/07) they called my mother picked up the phone and had told them if they continue she would call the sheriff he would take care of it then.

They haven't called back since Friday but, I figure it will continue I'm unsure what to do and I'm afraid this will stain my credit I was going to call my loan provider and ask them what happened they had never called me back to notify me. I've seen some posts' to do it in writting my only problem is to send where and to whom am I addressing it to? Anyone that can help I'd appreciate it

New Martinsville, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2007 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Credit-Guide/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Merchants-Credit-Guide-Con-Artists-Ripoff-Chicago-Illinois-255049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant's Credit Guide