efficient

• Submitted: Tue, October 16, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 16, 2007

• Reported By:Boston Massachusetts
Merchants' Credit Guide
223 W. Jackson BLVD Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchants' Credit Guide - Ken Hughes Bogus collection bill Chicago Illinois

I recieved a bill from this collection agency via USPS, stating that I owe $80 for a Sprint Communications account. The bill was addressed to me with my maiden name which I have not gone by for eons. I have never had an account with Sprint and after "googling" this company, contacting Sprint and reading other similar accounts, I am certain that this is a fraudulant claim.

Sprint had no record of my social security number in their database (the rep I spoke with did rattle off someone else's social security to me to see if it was mine and I was appalled that they would so callously disclose someone's info like that, but that's another complaint). I will not call Merchant's as i have read that this is not advised. I will send a debt validation request to Merchant's via certified mail. I had to laugh when I noticed that their zip code is 60606. Just take away the zeros and that about sums it up!

Anonymous
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2007 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Credit-Guide/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Merchants-Credit-Guide-Ken-Hughes-Bogus-collection-bill-Chicago-Illinois-279017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants' Credit Guide