Complaint Review: Merchants Credit Guide

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 04, 2008

• Reported By:hyannis Massachusetts
Merchants Credit Guide
223 W Jackson Blvd Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchants Credit Guide Telephone collections scam Chicago Illinois

Today I received an obvious scam call from these scum bags. Knowing full well that the company they were trying to collect money on has always been in good standing, I picked up on it right away. Unfortunately people do fall prey to these types of low lives. The person on the other end would barely let me get a word in especially when I told him I would contact my company directly regarding the matter. He just kept pushing for me to give him information about my s.s.n., address, etc., and when I told him I wasn't going to give him any information he got down right nasty. Like being an a*****e is going to get me to give up my info. I wasn't born yesterday. After contacting my company about this call, and verifying that all was well, I came to find out that they don't even do business with MCG. My company was very helpful in pointing me in the right direction to deal with these d****es. Learning about telephone tracing and the police reporting process.

The key is to just hang up with these people and contact your company they say they're calling about. Usually your company has a fraud department and you can do a trace on your phone, so if they have the balls to bother you again, you've already got them logged once and can start police action against them. In my state they have to call 3 times before the police start a report.

Don't put up with this crap. Report it.
Let's get a class action suite against these people and put them out of business for good.

Mr. p
hyannis, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2008 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Credit-Guide/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Merchants-Credit-Guide-Telephone-collections-scam-Chicago-Illinois-314679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants Credit Guide