Complaint Review: Merchants' Credit Guide

• Submitted: Sat, March 17, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, March 17, 2007

• Reported By:Northfield Maine
Merchants' Credit Guide
223 W. Jackson Blvd. Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchants' Credit Guide ripoff Sent a collection letter on an credit card account that I don't have Chicago Illinois

I received this letter at my correct address, but it was addressed to my former name, with instructions for three different options of paying this "debt". I tried to call this collection agency twice and left my name and phone number as directed (the only option given)and received no call-back. This was a large balance on a CitiBank card, so thinking I was a victim of identity theft, I called CitiBank and verified that my only account with them had a zero balance. I decided to check this company out on-line and immediately founf Rip-off Report. I will be sending my letter back to Mr. Ken Hughes with some special instructions of my own.

Susan
Northfield, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2007 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Credit-Guide/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Merchants-Credit-Guide-ripoff-Sent-a-collection-letter-on-an-credit-card-account-that-I-d-239435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants' Credit Guide