Complaint Review: Merchant's Gredit Guide Company

• Submitted: Sun, June 19, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, June 19, 2005

• Reported By:Halifax Massachusetts
Merchant's Gredit Guide Company
223 W Jackson BLV Suite 900 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Merchant's Credit Guide Company ripoff. Said they were a collector for Sears Chicago Illinois

I recieved a letter from a debt collector claiming to be collecting money for a Sears account. My husband and I were afraid of having it on our credit report so we paid it. There were three choices as to how we could pay it off. We chose a pay off figure of 1200.

Merchant's Credit Guide took a check by phone and said that when it cleared I would receive a paid in full letter. It has been over a month since the check cleared and I have received no letter. I looked on line to find their phone number and found this website and no information regarding their so called company.

So far I have put in a call to Sears. Next I have to go to my bank to change my account. I have contacted the Police. I want to make sure that this does not happen to anyone again. I also want my money back if this company is a scam.

Kim
Halifax, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2005 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Gredit-Guide-Company/Chicago-Illinois/Merchants-Credit-Guide-Company-ripoff-Said-they-were-a-collector-for-Sears-Chicago-Illi-146761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant's Gredit Guide Company