Complaint Review: Merchants Tire And Auto Centers

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, May 03, 2009

• Reported By:Woodbridge Virginia
Merchants Tire And Auto Centers
12741 Harbor Dr Nationwide U.S.A.

Merchants Tire And Auto Centers Unauthorized work Lake Ridge Virginia

*Author of original report: Merchants Tire And Auto Centers Unauthorized work Lake Ridge Virginia

On December 28, 2008 I took my car to Merchants Tire and Auto Centers for an oil change. While my car was being serviced a technician named Chris attempted to take a dent out of my bumper. I did not authorize the bumper repair work.

I left Merchants and went shopping and noticed that my bumper no longer had one dent. It now has three dents. I immediately went back to Merchants and they tried to deny that anyone attempted to repair my bumper. I had taken a photo on my cell phone and showed it to him. The service manager Dean Mirza stated that he saw the large dent in my bumper. I asked if Merchants was authorized to do body work. He stated no.

Dean stated that he did not know why I was mad about the bumper repair work. He stated that Chris was just trying to do me a favor. He called the store manager the next day and he made the same statement to me. I
called the corporate office and spoke to Briana Price. She advised me that she would forward the complaint to the area manager.

I sent a faxed estimate to Brianna on January 7, 2008. On January 8, 2008 I spoke with Mark Simon. He immediately started to verbally attack me. He stated that he could not believe that I wanted Merchants to replace my bumper. He hung up on me.

I have written a letter to Orland Wolford the CEO of Tire Kingdom. I do not trust Merchants. The case will probably go to court. I feel that Merchants is trying to take advantage of me because I am a woman. I can not believe that Merchants employ people with such horrible attitudes. I DO NOT TRUST MERCHANTS TO WORK ON MY VEHICLE EVER AGAIN. What would they do if they found a problem with my engine? Would they try and fix the problem and keep that a secret?

Carla
Woodbridge, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Tire-And-Auto-Centers/nationwide/Merchants-Tire-And-Auto-Centers-Unauthorized-work-Lake-Ridge-Virginia-409858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants Tire And Auto Centers

Merchants Tire And Auto Centers Unauthorized work Lake Ridge Virginia

AUTHOR: Carla - (U.S.A.)

I settle with Merchants for $871.00. This happens because I refuse to be a victim. I filed a civil case in smalls claim court after the corporate office continued to give me the run around. I issued a subpoena for the name of their insurance company. I would have filed a case against the insurance company if I needed to take further action. My advice to anyone doing business with Merchants Tire and Auto Centers is DON'T!