Complaint Review: Merchant's Tire & Auto Center

• Submitted: Wed, January 20, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: WRONGED954 — BALTIMORE Maryland USA
Merchant's Tire & Auto Center
7713 harford rd. baltimore, md 21234 baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Merchant's Tire & Auto Center Damaged my vehicle baltimore, Maryland

On December 20, 2009 I regrettably took my vehicle to Merchant's tire at 7713 Harford Rd. to have two tires installed. The technician damaged my vehicle by breaking a wheel stud. This individual immediately took responsibility for it by promising to replace it at a date. By the time I left the location this individual reneged on the offer, and stated that it wasn't his fault. I contacted the incompetent service manager who of course backed his high school drop out technician on his decision. I then contacted the so called complaint center, which was useless because they claimed someone would be in contact with me in reference to my complaint. After hearing nothing for two weeks I spoke with the general C. Luther who agreed to fix the damage and we set up an appointment for the following day. After hanging up with this Luther character no later than ten seconds he calls back and stated " well on second thought i don't feel we are liable" and advised me that i may keep my appointment, but will have to pay them for the repairs of the damage caused by them. I then recontacted the complaint center and asked for the district manager. The district manager did contact me and of course true to form of the company's lack of professionalism and intelligent forms of life I was denied restitution once again. Of course I wasn't going to let it go, SO I then recontacted the complaint center to speak with someone on The corporate level. It's been one month since I've heard anything. The repairs to the vehicle would cost around 50 dollars! It's just the principle! I advised them that I purchased the parts, and I just wanted the labor since after all they damaged my vehicle! WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T EVEN GO THERE TO PUT AIR IN YOUR TIRE'S!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Tire-Auto-Center/baltimore-Maryland-21234/Merchants-Tire-Auto-Center-Damaged-my-vehicle-baltimore-Maryland-557462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant's Tire & Auto Center