knees

Complaint Review: Merchants Tire Center

• Submitted: Wed, June 08, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 08, 2011

• Reported By: MerchantsNeverAgain — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Merchants Tire Center
Glenwood Ave Raleigh, North Carolina United States of America

Merchants Tire Center Went in for cheap oil change, said my oil plug was stripped. Charged $15.99 for plug. $9.99 for oil change...Plug was not stripped. Raleigh, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: You Just DID!

I took my Jeep to have the oil changed for the special of $9.99. The guy calls me up and says that my plug is stripped, I need new shocks, clean the brake fluid, front end alignment all totaling $1,200.00. I told he to change my oil and thats all. I go to pick up my vehicle and was charged $31.00. The total should have been less than $13.00 with tax. I personally changed my oil the last time and always use a closed end wrench so I know the oil plug was not stripped. Just another way to milk $15.00 for a plug that costs about $3.00....When I explained to the girl that I didn't request a new plug, she told me they didn't keep the old one. NEVER AGAIN!!!! ENJOY YOUR $15.00 MERCHANTS....If I can talk 1 person out of never using Merchants again.....I WIN BABY!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2011 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Tire-Center/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27613/Merchants-Tire-Center-Went-in-for-cheap-oil-change-said-my-oil-plug-was-stripped-Charge-738551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants Tire Center

You Just DID!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

When they came back with all that horssh*t I wouldn't have even trusted them to do the oil change.

What a bunch of SCUMBAGS!