Complaint Review: Merchants Tire and Auto

• Submitted: Sun, September 12, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, September 12, 2010

• Reported By: If it broke it will be! — Glen Allen Virginia United States of America
Merchants Tire and Auto
10008 Brook Road Glen Allen, Virginia United States of America

Merchants Tire and Auto pay to pass, or you pay to Fail Glen Allen, Virginia

I dropped my daughter car off for an oil change and state inspection at 7:30 pm at night on a Thursday, to be left. Oil change supposed to have been done by closing that night and the state inspection early the next morning. When I rode pass the shop at 8:44 am the next morning, I noticed the car parked the same place and same way my daughter parked it. When I called to the shop, I was told it's best to do both services at the same time,so as to not lose my place in line for the inspection. I got a call at 2:44 pm that Friday afternoon with a list of bullsh#*# things that needed to be done in order to pass inspection. (rack and pinion steering was bad, needed to replace all sway bar ends, and including shop fees and the alignment, it would cost about $950.00. And that didn't include what I brung the car there for. I told the guy Gene, who was working, that they had just did over $700.00 worth of work to this car over a month ago, and why they hadn't noticed this then. He seemed surprised. I told them I wasn't gonna pay it. He said it would take about 45 minutes to put the car back together and they still hadn't did the oil change yet. The car finally was ready at 5 pm.(2 1/2 hours short of having this car for 24 hours) of course with a rejection sticker on it. I took the car to Pepboys the next morning and only thing was wrong was the headlights needed adjusting and the passenger door knob needed fixing. Doesn't sound like near $1,000 to me. Strangling,when I got to Pepboys, I could barely turn into the parking space,because the steering was tight. (and it wasn't like that before I went to Merchants. I called them and told them what had happened, and of course they said it had nothing to do with them pulling the steering apart, but that it needed the work done that they said.The car didn't drive the same from when I dropped it off. Needless to say, I was afraid for my daughter to drive the car so I called another Merchants for another price quote and got a lesser quote than what was originally given,by $150. I THINK MERCHANTS TIRE AND AUTO BY VCC MALL ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2010 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Tire-and-Auto/Glen-Allen-Virginia-23060/Merchants-Tire-and-Auto-pay-to-pass-or-you-pay-to-Fail-Glen-Allen-Virginia-639913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants Tire and Auto