Complaint Review: Merchant's Tire

• Submitted: Tue, August 17, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 17, 2004

• Reported By:cary North Carolina
Merchant's Tire
100 Town Village Drive Cary, North Carolina U.S.A.

Merchant's Tire & Auto Oil Change Bait and Switch Ripoff Cary North Carolina

Yesterday, I called Merchant's Tire and asked what their basic oil change would cost. They quoted me $19.95. When I arrived today for my apointment, the posted price was $29.99 -- I needed the work done so decided to go ahead anyway.

When I got the bill,it was for $37.60. When I questioned it, the desk person said there were disposal fees and taxes to pay.

So what I actually ended up paying was nearly double what the company quoted me on the telephone.

I've been using their service for years, but this is the last time I'll use this company -- unfair and deceptive trade practice seems to be their current motto.

cary, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2004 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Tire/Cary-North-Carolina-27511/Merchants-Tire-Auto-Oil-Change-Bait-and-Switch-Ripoff-Cary-North-Carolina-104037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant's Tire