Complaint Review: Merchants Tire

• Submitted: Sat, January 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 05, 2008

• Reported By:fuquay varina North Carolina
Merchants Tire
Asheville Avenue Cary, North Carolina U.S.A.

Merchants Tire Carelessness that could cost you lots of money Cary North Carolina

For about 6 years, my husband and I have been taking our cars to Merchants Tire for tires and oil changes. Over about the 6 months we have had repeated problems and will not return to this business.
First they damaged an oil filter when they changed the oil on my husband's car, causing a massive oil leak that we thankfully caught in time.
Then I got a new car. The first time I brought the car in (5000 miles) the guys made a big deal about how nice the car was and the brand-new car smell. When I picked the car up, it had grease all over the interior, that has not come off to this day. The next time I took the car in, grease on the leather door trim again. Finally, I took my car in for a third time, and they punched a hole in my oil filter causing another massive oil leak.
I took the car into the honda dealership and they said that it looked like Merchants had tried to force an ill-fitted filter onto the car, and that they probably did not use the appropriate wrench. Well, I have given them enough chances and will not be returning. We are just lucky that we caught the oil leaks before they caused damage to our cars.

Liz
fuquay varina, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2008 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Tire/Cary-North-Carolina/Merchants-Tire-Carelessness-that-could-cost-you-lots-of-money-Cary-North-Carolina-297364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants Tire