Complaint Review: Merchants Tire

• Submitted: Fri, April 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 17, 2009

• Reported By:Woodbridge Virginia
Merchants Tire
Harbor Drive, Lake Ridge, Virginia U.S.A.

Merchants Tire Dishonest, Ripoff Lake Ridge Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Where was the hole?

I went to Merchants Tire in Lake Ridge VA on April 17, 2009 for a flat tire repair. The counterman walked out to my car with me, but told me the tire could not be repaired and that I needed a new tire.

I commented to him that I was amazed he could make that assessment without even looking at the tire! I told him I would take my business elsewhere. I then went to another local tire store, and they told me it was an ideal candidate for a flat tire repair. They installed a tire patch/plug on the inside of my tire, and I was on my way with not problem

Merchants Tire clearly had no intention of being honest about the state of my tire and whether the flat tire could be repaired. Their only interest was to sell me a new tire. They didn't even look at my tire before telling me it could not be reparired. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH MERCHANTS TIRE!!!

Ken
Woodbridge, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2009 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Tire/Lake-Ridge-Virginia/Merchants-Tire-Dishonest-Ripoff-Lake-Ridge-Virginia-444482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants Tire

Where was the hole?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Please answer.