• Report: #332094

• Submitted: Mon, May 12, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 12, 2008

• Reported By:norfolk Virginia
Merchants Tire
Military Highway Norfolk, Virginia U.S.A.

Customer Service Rep Incredible Rip Off! Norfolk Virginia

I took my '97 Jetta, professionally maintained by a VW and ASE Certified Master Tech into my nearby Merchants for a simple State Inspection.

2 1/2 hours later the CSR hands me an estimate for $973. He says my strut mounts are bad, and need replacing. After I pick my jaw up off from the floor, he offers me a Credit Card Application to ;pay for it.

I said "Fail it and give it back to me". $69.99 each for mounts, $24.99 for bearings, $179 each for Struts (which he agreed I didn't really need), 74.99 for an alignment (which isn't needed for just mount replacement), $178 for labor, plus whatever extra he could find.

I bought 2 mount/bearing assemblys from Auto Zone for under 100.00 (Monroe, LLT warranty). it took myself and a friend using a procedure from the Internet about 1 hour to replace both of them.

These people are just robbers without weapons. Stay away.

norfolk, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2008 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchants-Tire/Norfolk-Virginia-23505/Customer-Service-Rep-Incredible-Rip-Off-Norfolk-Virginia-332094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchants Tire