Complaint Review: Merck & Co Inc

• Reported By: Merck Retiree — Stateline Nevada United States of America
Merck & Co Inc
1 Merck Way Internet United States of America

Merck & Co Inc Merck Schering Merck & Company Bad Medicine, Internet

I worked for Merck & Co Onc for 34 years. I fought fires, handling hazardous material spills made sure my fellow employees were safe . The operating conditions in Manufacturing were deplorable. Leaking chemicals worker exposed to asbestors and benezene on a daily basis. Only one motive greed. In 2003 right beofre they were exposed for unethical manipulations of safey captions on Vioxx they bought me out . I was able to retuire early. I was told as part of the package that I would have termn Life Ibnsurance at no coast for life.

Recently as aprt of a bank loabn I called benefits to find out who the carrier was and the  amount of insurance, I was to9ld it was 1 1/2 X my base rate and the beneficaries were my daughters.  I asked for a lletter to coument this for the bank. They ssaid fine. It never came.  Recently as a result of another financial transaction I needed the same coumentation. This time after being on the phone an hour I was told they would let me know. Seems Prudential and Fidelity  were confused.

They sent me an e-mail saying the matter was reolved. I thought I better call to find out what reolved meant. I called another 20 minutes on the phone before they announced my life insurance had been dropped six years ago. Nice surprise to my family. No letter no notice. This despite my retirement deal which said life insurance for life. I asked for a letter to be sent They told me they werent allowed to send  anything out. So at 64 I have to find term life insurance and oh yeah they are dropping the dental coverage.

This is a health care company who just doesn't care !! They have probably ruined my health with what I was exposed to and now no benefits for my children and grandchildren. Hwy because they are just plain greedy.  Read the website they are always donating some drug somewhere  but they can't take care of their own. What would it cost for group coverage. A lot less than I will be able to find. IF you can buy generic do so. I am disgusted with this company and regret I ever went out of my way for it. I will tell everyone I know to buy from their competition.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merck-Co-Inc/internet/Merck-Co-Inc-Merck-Schering-Merck-Company-Bad-Medicine-Internet-958744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merck & Co Inc