Complaint Review: Meredith Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, September 16, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 16, 2008

• Reported By:Cleveland Tennessee
Meredith Corporation
parents.com Boone, Iowa U.S.A.

Parents.com - American Baby - Parents Magazine - Meredith Corporation - Family Circle Signed me up to parents.com without my permission and imput my information to order a free trial of thier magazine Boone Iowa

I was shocked when out of the blue I got 2 emails from parents.com . One was a notice to welcome me to the community website and the other was a "Thank you for your order" email. Upon checking on this by going directly to parents.com I saw that I had indeed been set up.

Whoever did it mistyped my address badly, and ordered a 6 months free trial to Parents Magazine.

When I attempted to contact support telling them this and thier response was:

Thank you for contacting Online Customer Service. We do not have access to subscription information at this e-mail address. Please use the information below to contact our magazine representatives for assistance.

If you have recently placed an order for a magazine subscription on one of our websites, please be aware that our fulfillment center may not have access to your order information for 7-10 days.

If you live outside of the U.S., please call (515) 247-2982 (toll charged) weekdays between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Central Standard Time; Saturdays and Sundays between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.

Please send an e-mail containing your complete mailing information and a description of your problem to our magazine representatives.

The fax number is: 515-433-1013

The mailing address is:

American Baby
P.O. Box 37028
Boone, IA 50037-0028

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Online Customer Service

And when I tried to click the link to reply that this did not help, the issue had been COMPLETELY deleted.. Even from the ticket history.

Tell me thats not hiding something! If they try to charge me I will raise heck. I do not want a magazine from a predatory company like this!

Cleveland, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2008 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meredith-Corporation/Boone-Iowa-50037/Parentscom-American-Baby-Parents-Magazine-Meredith-Corporation-Family-Circle-Sign-373438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meredith Corporation