Complaint Review: Merimac Capital 1st American Payment Systems

• Updated: Wed, July 04, 2012

• Reported By: Lonestarlady — Wills Point Texas United States of America
Merimac Capital 1st American Payment Systems
201 Main Street Suite 101 Fort Worth, Texas United States of America

Merimac Capital 1st American Payment Systems Leased c.c.machine for my small business but company runs never ending payments & practices Fort Worth, Texas

*Author of original report: Merimac Capital, Fort Worth, Texas

About 4 yrs ago, a salesman called my home inquiring if I would be interested in leasing a credit card machine from his company,
which was Merimac Capital First American Payment Systems located in Fort Worth, Texas.

I scheduled an appt. with him, listened to his presentation, thought the cc machine would be a good asset for my then small business, & signed the contract.  (Bad choice, major mistake)  After several months, the business went south.

I contacted the company, requested to discontinue the service as I was told I could do.  However, I still had to pay $1500 for the lease of the machine.  Was not instructed to send it back by anyone. $1500, as of post, grew to over $3000.

Had no choice but to continue paying the lease, have paid $60 a month for 2 yrs. & was still getting $ taken out of our bank acct.  I had the bank stop the $60 payment for June.  No response from the leasing company.

On June 29, I discover this company requested $886.75 drawn from my acct.  I put a stop on the $$, & was able to find the address of the company thanks to another Ripoff Report that someone had posted.

I contacted them & was connected to the collections dept. to talk to Ms. Psy. attitude Crystal W.  I was told if I sent the machine back, I would only owe $886.75.  If I did not, I would owe 13 more payments of $60.

Conversation went South & ugly.  It will get uglier.

Whatever you do, do not do business with this company. If the mistake has already been made, please contact any agency about this company.

(BBB of Fort Worth, Texas,  the Texas Attorney General's office)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2012 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merimac-Capital-1st-American-Payment-Systems/Fort-Worth-Texas-76102/Merimac-Capital-1st-American-Payment-Systems-Leased-ccmachine-for-my-small-business-but-905718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merimac Capital 1st American Payment Systems

Merimac Capital, Fort Worth, Texas

AUTHOR: Lonestarlady - (United States of America)

Although I have previously posted about Merimac Capital's deceptive C C leasing practices & a business that needs to be put out of business, that will take time.

One poster encouraged the readers to check out the status & complaints with the Dallas, Tx. BBB.  I would like to also add that you go to the BBB of Fort Worth, Texas, type in Merimac Capital, & read more cases filed against the credit card leasing machine company.  Their list has 143 cases filed.

I would  encourage you to also file a report with the BBB of your state & contact Your Attorney General's office for legal advice. Greg Abbott, Austin, Texas, is my Attorney General.  Companies like Merimac Capital need to be non- existant.