Complaint Review: Merit Financial Gold and silver

• Updated: Fri, March 29, 2013

• Reported By: Michael — east windsor Connecticut
Merit Financial Gold and silver
Santa Monica, California United States of America

Merit Financial Gold and silver Deceptive selling practices and non delivery of product Santa Monica, California

I've purchased precious metals on several occasions from firms other than Merit without incident but my experience with Merit has been nothing but a nightmare and I would caution anyone from doing business with Merit.
Admittedly I was drawn in by the 1% over spot but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for and in my case I've gotten nothing but aggravation and to date, no product.

I sent in $64,000 to purchase physical metals and also opened an account with plans to rollover an existing IRA.  Not only have I not received the purchase I made well over a month ago but they also attempted to roll over an IRA account that I just asked them to review.  The review was requested in writing so there is no dispute that I was not authorizing this action.  Fortunately they erred in submitting the paperwork and I was contacted by my existing broker who immediately put a stop to the action.

Merit has an impressive web site that makes all kinds of claims to include that your order will be shipped within seven days.  A couple weeks later you receive a booklet that basically says we will ship your order whenever the hell we please.

I am still hopeful that I will someday get my product and hopefully it will be what I ordered, but I am not holding my breath.

As an aside I find it particularly distasteful that they they end their calls with God Bless or have a blessed day then conduct their business in a fashion that would be very offensive to God himself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 05:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merit-Financial-Gold-and-silver/Santa-Monica-California-/Merit-Financial-Gold-and-silver-Deceptive-selling-practices-and-non-delivery-of-product-S-1039008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merit Financial Gold and silver