Complaint Review: Merita Reyes

• Updated: Mon, November 12, 2012

• Reported By: Merita42 — Greenville North Carolina United States of America
Merita Reyes
618 Circle Drive Greenville, North Carolina United States of America

Merita Reyes I am beiing ripped off by Ocwen Mortgage Company and we are being denied for a modification. They will not work with us and it's been two months since applying for the modification. We have been sca Greenville, North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: Start Filing Complaints..It worked for Me...

We are being ripped off by Ocwen Mortgage Company and we are being denied for a modification.  They will not work with us and it's been two months since applying for the modification.  We have been scammed  by them because they are saying that they never received any paperwork that was submitted to them.

We would like to speak with someone concerning this company and their business practices.  It seems that a lot of their clients are  have many problems resolving their mortgage issues with this company and I want justice to be done to myself and others that have been scammed by Ocwen.

We want our money back!  Something needs to be done about this because we are tired of being scammed by these fraudulent mortgage companies that keep selling our mortgage without our conscent, or awareness until after it's done.

Merita
Greenville, NC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merita-Reyes/Greenville-North-Carolina-27858/Merita-Reyes-I-am-beiing-ripped-off-by-Ocwen-Mortgage-Company-and-we-are-being-denied-for-968234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merita Reyes

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Start Filing Complaints..It worked for Me...

AUTHOR: HGIT - (United States of America)

I too am an Ocwen Customer and fortunately I have never had any problem with my loan modifications, however, I did have a problem trying to get my escrow removed. I had a loan modification and Ocwen told me at the time that I could have the escrow removed after one year of on time payments and both my taxes and insurance being current.

I called during that year for various questions and every representative I spoke to I would put that question before them just to make sure and they all said "Yes, one year of on time payments and we will remove the escrow". Well, that one year came and I sent in a written request to have the escrow removed. I heard nothing from Ocwen for months. Finally I called in and as usual ended up speaking to someone in India. I was informed that instead of one year it was three years to have the escrow removed. They simply made this up. It wasn't in my modification paperwork or any other paperwork and it went against everything I had been informed. I asked to speak to the escrow department and it was no. I asked to speak to a manager and another associate in India came on the phone and repeated word for word what I had just been told. She would not hear me out. I asked for an American associate and was informed "There are no American Associates" which is nothing but a LIE.

So I started filing complaints.

You can file every single complaint online.

I filed with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in Washington, DC. They have tremendous power and have the power to sue and sanction these mortage companies. Thanks to President Barack Obama this agency was created.. Then I filed a complaint with the Central Florida BBB (which Ocwen has an F rating with - Just go to their website and type in Ocwen). Then I went to the BBB for my state and filed a complaint. Then I went onto Ocwen's website and submitted to them the Reference numbers to all the complaints I had filed and informed them of what had happened.

Within one week I had a letter from Florida informing me my escrow was removed.

Just that easy.

Please just start filing complaints. Calling Ocwen will get you nowhere.

Good Luck!