• Report: #920740

• Reported By: Not Happry! — Canton Michigan United States of America
Merkle Roofing
1721 Crooks Rd Suite 207 Internet United States of America

Merkle Roofing Paul Merkle, Merkle Roofing is a scam! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Us little people still matter.

*Consumer Comment: In defense

My home recently suffered damage during a hail and wind storm.  Following the storm I noticed that several of my neighbors were getting their roofs replaced by a company named "Merkle Roofing".  This company claims to specialize in hail and wind damage replacement.  According to their website Merkle Roofing will:

-Have a certified inspector inspect your property.

-Consult with your insurance company to determine scope and cost of the project.

-Prepare documentation, including photographs of damage, for the insurance adjuster.

-Replace your roof and restore your home to its original condition.

Well, I contacted Merkle and the owner Paul Merkle looked at my roof and advised me to make a claim as I had sustained the same damage as all of my neighbors.  Following his recommendation I filed a claim with my insurance company.  My insurance company hired an engineering firm to evaluate my claim.  When I informed Paul Merkle that an engineering firm was going to be responding to evaluate my roof he no longer wanted to help me.  He stated that my claim was going to be denied and there was nothing he could do to help.  He refused to meet with the engineer.  Refused to take pictures or prepare documentation.  He repeatedly ignored my phone calls and missed multiple appointments.  He offered me NO HELP!

I was finally able to negotiate with my insurance company and got my roof replaced but without any assistance from Merkle Roofing.  Be very cautious of Merkle Roofing!  They are only interested in making a quick dollar and will do nothing to assist a homeowner in dealing with their insurance company.

Needless to say they will not be getting my business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merkle-Roofing/internet/Merkle-Roofing-Paul-Merkle-Merkle-Roofing-is-a-scam-Internet-920740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merkle Roofing

Us little people still matter.

AUTHOR: Jolene - ()

I have been doing buisiness with Paul Merkle of Merkle Roofing since I bought my first house in 2008 and have had nothing but superior service from this company. My first house was a complete tear off and I could not have asked for a better company to work with. When I bought another house last summer (2013), I again called Merkle because my roof was leaking, he came out and inspeced my roof and found that it was a minor leak around the chimney. He had it fixed the same day with no problem.

He advised me that the roof was older but did not need replacing at the time but in the next couple years. He is an honest person who will not try and sell you something you do not need and also I was impressed that I actually work with the owner of the company, who does that now a days? As a single mother its nice to know I have a company that still looks out for us little people and does not take advantage.

As far as that bad post I think there is a bit more to the story than what is posted. I always know there are two sides to every story and I think that one has some missing pieces.

In defense

AUTHOR: Leslie - (United States of America)

I had my roof done by Paul from Merkle Roofing years ago and was extremely happy! Through the years I have referred Paul to many, many people who have also been extremely happy with the work, service, cleanliness and very impressed with how quick the work gets done.