• Report: #991992

• Submitted: Sat, January 05, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 06, 2013

• Reported By: Upset momma — Crosby Texas United States of America
12464 Memorial Dr Houston, Texas United States of America

Merlot 2 Masterpiece Jeff Bernals Kicked a minor out, although website shows minors allowed. Refused to accept his own groupon. Houston, Texas

*Author of original report: Different story now!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed or you will get your money back

Very disappointing!! After purchasing two separate sessions for my daughters and then driving over an hour to get there, was told by the owner that I had to pay to paint myself (which I have no interest in painting) or pay $20 to sit and watch.

I explained that the groupon stated that all minors has to be supervised by adult. He said that was groupons rule, not his.

I also explained that I did not feel comfortable leaving my child on unfamiliar area.

He refused to hear what I was saying. As he kept interrupting me, I asked if he treated all customers this rude. He replied "you are no longer my customer." He refused to let her paint and told us to leave. When I asked about getting a refund, he said it wasn't his problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merlot-2-Masterpiece/Houston-Texas-77024/Merlot-2-Masterpiece-Jeff-Bernals-Kicked-a-minor-out-although-website-shows-minors-allow-991992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merlot 2 Masterpiece

Different story now!!

AUTHOR: Upset momma - (United States of America)

Oh so now you want to play nice guy and discuss options of refund. Amazing how your story changes once complaints start showing up on the web. Regardless of your change in story, it is still known as false advertisement when you list one thing and say something else!

As stated before, I will ensure that as many people know about your scam as possible and ensure that no one else has to take a gift back from a young, impressionable artist.

I am sure we will be able to find another "reputable" company to go to in place of this scam.

So tell me, how is it that by paying an additional $20 to sit and watch makes it ok? That is still an option of no painting?

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed or you will get your money back

AUTHOR: JB - (United States of America)

I appoligize that this situtation could not find other resolve.  We will work on clarifying our policies further as part of our registration process we have experienced in the past that non participants can be a distraction to  the other patrons so we ask for participation of all present or to wait offsite there are several options with in view of our locaiton ie: but not limited to Starbucks, restaurants, outdoor seating.

The option presented for $20 was for you to sit there together with her you would have just had one set of supplies between you two.  we do not allow people to watch from inside the facility.

I want you to know that if Groupon does not refund your money that we absolutely will.  It is required as part of our agreement with them that you will need to go through them first as they are the party that you made the purchase from.

As a courtesy if you have any trouble with contacting them let me know and I will l initiate a refund on my end.  I will
also work with Groupon in modifying any statements on the vouchers that may be misleading to our guest.

Jeff Bernal

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed or you will get your money back

AUTHOR: JB - (United States of America)

I appoligize that this situtation could not find other resolve.  We will work on clarifying our policies further as part of our registration process we have experienced in the past that non participants can be a distraction to the other patrons so we ask for participation of all present or to wait offsite there are several options with in view of our locaiton ie: but not limited to Starbucks, restaurants, outdoor seating.

Jeff Bernal