Complaint Review: Mermaid Manor

• Submitted: Fri, June 03, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 03, 2011

• Reported By: Anom411 — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Mermaid Manor
308 North Carolina Beach Ave, Carolina Beach, North Carolina United States of America

Mermaid Manor The WORST Vacation Experience of My Life! Carolina Beach, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: File a dispute

I wish I saw the other rip off report prior to booking my stay at the Mermaid Manor.  She is 100% right and I think it's only gotten worse since then!  They advertise they're under new management, the man & woman who manage it are drunks.  They do false advertise, I booked a 2 room suite that "sleeps 6".  There was a king size bed, a couch an 2 wicker chairs.  I'm not sure if 6 of anything living could sleep in there unless it was including the floor.  Everything in this place was a minimum of 30 years old and that's including the linens for the bed & bath.  My friend had asked for an extra blanket and it looked like a children's comforter from the 80's!

The bathroom was old and dirty, I really don't know how they ever got permits to even open this business.  I've reported them to the Health Dept, the BBB and even spoke to the local Police LT. [continued below]....
.....  He informed me this place is known to be trashy!

When I made the reservation I was not asked how many people were in my party or even their names.  There was a total of 3 of us (in our "sleeps 6 suite"), we had gone out and met 2 other people.  We went back to grab some stuff and go out on to the beach when one of the intoxicated managers came upstairs beating down the door then informed us the 2 guests had to leave (who weren't staying to begin with!).

This situation escalated to the intoxicated, male manager trying to fight the 2 sober guests that were tyring to leave the building!  They called the cops and I was asked to leave since I kept stating you can't make rules as you go along and I never signed anything other than my credit card receipt.  The intoxicated managers told the cops I had to leave the premises!  They refused to give me my money back.  I spoke to the owner numerous times and she just continues to hang up on me.

Even if I don't get my money back, I'll continue to make people aware of what goes on here.  I'm in a business, and have been for 10+ years, that is based on people being moral and ethical.  I can not let this go!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2011 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mermaid-Manor/Carolina-Beach-North-Carolina-28428/Mermaid-Manor-The-WORST-Vacation-Experience-of-My-Life-Carolina-Beach-North-Carolina-736393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mermaid Manor

File a dispute

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

with the cc company asap.