Complaint Review: Merrick Bank Aka Nexcard

• Submitted: Mon, December 08, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, December 08, 2003

• Reported By:Westminster Colorado
Merrick Bank Aka Nexcard
PO Box 5721 Hicksville, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-253-2322
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Merrick Bank Aka Nexcard To receive a refund for charges due to banking error and to close my acct (due to outrageous 35% interest rate) I pd bal & now can't get refund for fees Hicksville New York

*Consumer Suggestion: If the interest rate was35%, you can get those suckers

My bank put a hold on a large deposit causing two NSF payments to Merrick Bank. I not only replaced the funds, but wanted to pay off the balance and close my acct. I was told I needed to pay additionalcharges pending and would be refunded $165.00 per my request after my payment had posted and cleared my bank.

I provided documentation of the bank error, paid off the balance including charges not reflected on my statement, only to find that I "must have been misinformed"...that it was not their policy to refund any such fees.

On the bright side, I'm rid of the expense of having a card with them (outrageous interest and annual fee assessed monthly), but they did not do nor apologize for this discrepancy even when I told them I intended to report them to the appropriate regulatory agencies. Any suggestions???

Annette
Westminster, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2003 04:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank-Aka-Nexcard/Hicksville-New-York-11802-5721/Merrick-Bank-Aka-Nexcard-To-receive-a-refund-for-charges-due-to-banking-error-and-to-close-74379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank Aka Nexcard

#1 Consumer Suggestion

If the interest rate was35%, you can get those suckers

AUTHOR: Cindy - (U.S.A.)

In New York State, they are allowed maximum 24.99% interest. Contact the attorney general in NY. They can not, by law, charge more than 24.99% interest ever.