• Report: #132042

Complaint Review: Merrick Bank Corp. Credit Dept.

• Submitted: Sat, February 19, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, February 19, 2005

• Reported By:Jayess Mississippi
Merrick Bank Corp. Credit Dept.
P. O. Box. 5000, Draper, Utah U.S.A.

Merrick Bank Credit Card Credit Dept. ripoff Interest rates have been raised to 30.20% on balances Draper Utah

I have been with Merrick Bank approximately 1 year, I have never missed a payment, always payed on time, have not defaulted in any way, yet I have been singled out for an interest rate rise from 20.20% to 30.20%. This has to be extortion of the worst kind.

In the begining I did not request this card, I received an invitation through the mail saying I had been pre approved for this card with a $1000 credit limit, 2 months ago they raised the credit limit to $1250.

There is a note in their letter which states I can avoid these new charges by paying off the balance in full and closing the account, both my wife and I are seniors, we exist solely on Social Security, apart from taking out a loan on our house (which is paid for) there is no way I could pay this off out of our monthly Soc. Sec. check

Jayess, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2005 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank-Corp-Credit-Dept/Draper-Utah-84020-5000/Merrick-Bank-Credit-Card-Credit-Dept-ripoff-Interest-rates-have-been-raised-to-3020-on-132042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank Corp. Credit Dept.