Complaint Review: Merrick Bank Credit Card

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 21, 2007

• Reported By:Auburndale Florida
Merrick Bank Credit Card
New York, New York U.S.A.

Merrick Bank Credit Card Bank started to dun me for $37.00 fee and I never opened the account ??? New York New York

I applied for the credit card and received it. I wasn't sure if I wanted to open it. So I called the bank and they said no problem. No time limit to open the account. Then I started receiving past due notices. I didn't think anything of it. Next I get a phone call. You owe 37.00 dollars... so I call customer service and this idiot says it's a good thing you called because you would have been reported to the credit bureau in 10 days. I canceled.

Robert
Auburndale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2007 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank-Credit-Card/New-York-New-York/Merrick-Bank-Credit-Card-Bank-started-to-dun-me-for-3700-fee-and-I-never-opened-the-acco-269094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank Credit Card