Complaint Review: Merrick Bank Hooters MasterCard

hooterscard.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

MerrickBank Merrick Bank Hooters MasterCard Runaround trying to get statement copies Bethpage, New York Nationwide

For more than two months I have been trying to get reprints of 10 months of credit card statements from last year which I need for income tax purposes (their website doesn't have the ability to get past statements). I still haven't filed my 2008 taxes yet because of this problem (I filed an extension).

Every time I call them they always promise that they are working on my request, but I keep getting a runaround and various excuses from them instead.

When I first called I asked if they could send the statements via overnight or priority mail (which I offered to pay for) but they said that they can only be sent by standard US mail and that there were no other delivery options at all.

After not receiving anything several weeks later I called back and I was told that they sent the statements by FAX on April 11. I don't have a FAX machine at home and thought this didn't sound right so I asked them for the FAX number they used and it was just my home telephone number. I told them that it was my home phone number and not a FAX line so there was no way possible that they could have sent me anything at all by FAX.

I was then told that they would have the statements sent by mail (which is how I was told I would be getting them to begin with because they said they had no other options).

I called again the following week and was told that the reprint order was still in progress. I called again on April 29 and spoke with someone claiming to be a manager and claiming that the order was processed and the statements were sent out in the mail on April 27. According to my current card statement, the charge for the reprints was processed April 17.

I never got anything so I called back three weeks ago and asked for a manager again. This supposed manager promised me that she would "personally walk over there and take care of it" herself and she said that I should receive the statements in a week. I still haven't received anything from them.

I told her if I didn't get them that following week I would be canceling my account, contacting the media, and reporting them to MasterCard (I already reported them to MasterCard two weeks ago and haven't heard anything).

(anonymous), Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2009 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank-Hooters-MasterCard/internet/MerrickBank-Merrick-Bank-Hooters-MasterCard-Runaround-trying-to-get-statement-copies-Bethp-457660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank Hooters MasterCard