Complaint Review: Merrick Bank

• Submitted: Fri, May 15, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 15, 2009

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Merrick Bank
P. O. Box 5000 Draper, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Merrick Bank Merrick Bank refuses to acknowledge satisfied account Draper, Utah

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to formally dispute Merrick Bank's claim of $815.00 owed on account number 4120613043907622 in my name, Scott C. Curtis. Although I satisfied a settlement agreement with FBCS, Inc. on behalf of Merrick Bank in November 2007, I continue to receive collection notices on this account the most recent from CardWorks Servicing, LLC.

FBCS, Inc. collected a total of $1,708.53 from me on behalf of their client, Merrick Bank, from July 2006 through November 2007 to settle account number 4120613043907622 as follows:

In July 2006, FBCS contacted me and offered to settle my account for $1,200.00.
In June 2007, after having made twelve consecutive payments totaling $1,200.00, FBCS informed me that I would need to pay an additional $508.53 to satisfy my original account to Merrick Bank.
From July 2007 thru November 2007, I made five additional monthly payments totaling $508.53
In November 2007, after having paid FBCS a total of $1,708.53, I was told by FBCS that the account was settled. I asked for a settlement letter, but never received one.

As you can see from the timeline above, FBCS kept moving the goalpost, so to speak. The $1,708.53 I paid to FBCS is more than the original balance on my Merrick Bank account (minus penalties and fees). I refuse to make any additional payment on behalf of account # 4120613043907622.

I request that Merrick Bank please consider this debt satisfied, and report it as such. If you have any questions regarding this dispute, you may reach me by phone at: (562) 522-1317. Thank you.

Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2009 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank/Draper-Utah-84020-5000/Merrick-Bank-Merrick-Bank-refuses-to-acknowledge-satisfied-account-Draper-Utah-452273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank