Complaint Review: Merrick Bank

• Submitted: Wed, May 26, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 26, 2004

• Reported By:32513 Florida
Merrick Bank
PO Box 9201 Old Beth Page, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-253-2322
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Merrick Bank Visa Paying interest on a paid off account Old Beth Page New York

After CLOSING my Visa account, I specifically asked if the account was FULLY paid off and closed. I was told emphatically, YES! Then I began receiving bills for 'interest' on the paid account. When I called customer service I was referred to an incredibly nasty woman named Candace C. Twice I hung up and called back to speak to someone else, to no avail. I was also refused her supervisor's phone number.

If this happens to you, do what I did..... File a complaint with the F.D.I.C. on their website!! I believe it is FDIC.gov.

Merrick Bank cannot operate without the authority of the F.D.I.C.!

Gordon
32513, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2004 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank/Old-Beth-Page-New-York-11804/Merrick-Bank-Visa-Paying-interest-on-a-paid-off-account-Old-Beth-Page-New-York-93088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank