Complaint Review

PO Box 171379 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America Phone:
800-223-2322
Category:
Credit Card Fraud

Merrick Bank Paid In Full Twice and now they are ripping me off for $25.00 because my bank returned the 2nd paymemnt. Salt Lake City, Utah

*Consumer Comment: consumer1

I paid Merrick Bank online in December, the full amount owed.  It was set up for 1/6/12.  When I logged onto the accound in January, it looked like the payment was not set up.  There was no way to tell.  I set it up again.  I discovered by checking my bank statement that Merricck Bank got paid twice.  An overpayment of 1601.70.

How convenient for them.  I called them and they told me to call my bank and dispute it because they were not going to reverse the second payment, an overage of 1601.70.  I called my bank.  They returned the second payment to Merrick and put the money back in my account.

Merrick Bank now says I owe them $25.00 for the second returned payment, which they should have not gotten in the first place.  Horrible people!!!  My bank says they can't help with the $25.00 charge because it wasn't charged to my account.  Sarah at Merrick Bank is not a very nice person.  She knows the account was paid in full on 1/6/12 and still insists that she is right and won't waive the $25.00 fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2012 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84117-1379/Merrick-Bank-Paid-In-Full-Twice-and-now-they-are-ripping-me-off-for-2500-because-my-ban-821942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank

consumer1

AUTHOR: whatsupdoc - (United States of America)

Report these crooks to the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) in Washington, since they now finally have a new director appointed by Obama.  They should be going after all these rip-off predatory credit card companies like Merrick Bank that are stealing money from people like yourself.

Their website is www.consumerfinance.gov   Report them ASAP and let us all know the results.
MORE FEATURED REPORTS